MSM – Green shell mussel – Shark cartilage extract capsule
- For stiff joints and the well-being of connective tissue.
- Contains three effective ingredients for joints, muscles and the immune system: MSM, green shell mussel and shark cartilage.
OptiMSM® Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Freeze-dried green shell mussel powder (Perna canaliculus), Shark cartilage extract, Bovine gelatin*, Anti-caking agent E 551, Surface finishing agent E 470 b, Color E 171*
* capsule shell
2 – 4 capsules contain:
OptiMSM® methylsulfonylmethane 500 – 1000 mg
Green shell mussel powder 280 – 560 mg
Shark cartilage extract 220 – 440 mg
2 – 4 capsules per day. Not recommended during pregnancy, lactation or for adolescents. Not recommended if blood coagulants are used.
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten.
80 capsules / 48 g and 160 capsules / 97 g
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organic sulphur compound that is an indispensable component in human nutrition. It is found in every cell in the body and the body requires sulphur for many its functions. It’s the fourth most versatile mineral in the body and essential for life. MSM is a component of the proteins necessary for the formation of skin, hair, nails and muscle and also for bones, joints, ligaments, strings, teeth and collagen. MSM prevents degenerative arthritis of gristle and helps its reformation and reduces the formation of scar tissue. The proper acid alkaline balance of the body cannot be maintained without sulphur. MSM is water-soluble and does not accumulate in the body.
- MSM is a nutritional mineral that can help to normalise the immune system. MSM relieves pain and inflammation in several ways. It blocks pain impulses by precluding their passage along C fibres within nerves. MSM promotes blood flow, which enhances the healing processes. It reduces muscle spasm, which is present when the musculoskeletal system is damaged. MSM is used for relief from muscle pain, joint pain, gastrointestinal distress, inflammation of the mucous membranes and allergic reactions. MSM supports normal immune and respiratory function.
- Green shell mussel (Perna Canaliculus) contains plenty of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA and ETA). Especially ETA-fatty acids (eicosatetraenoic acid) are very reactive and participate in many different functions in the human metabolism. In inflammation reactions, like in joint inflammations, the ETA-fatty acids inhibit the cycle-oxygenase pathway (COX) that converts Arachidonic Acid into inflammatory prostaglandins. ETA-fatty acids inhibit the formation of the intermediary agents creating from Arachidonic acid. ETA-fatty acids decrease expressly the formation of l eucotrins and prostaglandins which stimulate the inflammation reactions. In this task ETA’s have turned out to be very effective in reducing pain, swelling and stiffness in joints and by improving the mobility of the joints.
- Shark cartilage contains about 40 different proteins which operate in the joints as “lubricants” and help them to maintain their normal functioning and bring relief for the rigidity and swelling of joints. Sharks have been of interest to scientists as sharks very seldom have any diseases despite all the environmental pollution. The strong immune system of sharks protects them effectively against bacteria, viruses, chemicals and other adverse factors.
- Shark cartilage products are not recommended for pregnant women or mothers who are breastfeeding or for adolescents.