Immunomax is a food supplement rich in polysaccharides and fiber, processed from the mycelia of selected mushrooms (basidiocymetes). The main active components of Immunomax are polysaccharides (-1-3 glucan) and glycoproteins derived from Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC), which is a well-controlled substance obtained by reacting specific enzymatic reaction with basidomycetes mycelia.
AHCC is effective in stimulating and enhancing the natural immunomodulatory function of the body (stimulates the production of NK cells, killer T-cells, and cytokines). AHCC is well-studied and used extensively for immuno-therapy in particular besides traditional medical treatment. There are no reported toxicity or side effects.
AHCC 320 mg
1 capsule twice per day for normal daily use, for therapeutic use 4 - 8 capsules three times per day.
Contains no lactose, gluten, sweeteners or yeast.
80 capsules / 38 g
1. Active hexose correlated compound enhances the immune function of mice in the hindlimb-unloading model of spaceflight conditions.
Aviles H, Belay T, Vance M, Sun B, Sonnenfeld G.
J Appl Physiol. 2004 Oct;97(4):1437-44
2. Improved prognosis of postoperative hepatocellular carcinoma patients when treated with functional foods: a prospective cohort study.
Matsui Y, Uhara J, Satoi S, Kaibori M, Yamada H, Kitade H, Imamura A, Takai S, Kawaguchi Y, Kwon AH, Kamiyama Y.
J Hepatol 2002 Jul;37(1):78-86
3. H-2 haplotype-dependent serum IL-12 production in tumor-bearing mice treated with various mycelial extracts.
Yagita A, Maruyama S, Wakasugi S, Sukegawa Y.
In Vivo 2002 Jan-Feb;16(1):49-54
4. [Prophylactic efficacy of a basidiomycetes preparation AHCC against lethal opportunistic infections in mice]
Ishibashi H, Ikeda T, Tansho S, Ono Y, Yamazaki M, Sato A, Yamaoka K, Yamaguchi H, Abe S.
Yakugaku Zasshi 2000 Aug;120(8):715-9
5. The use of mushroom glucans and proteoglycans in cancer treatment.
Altern Med Rev 2000 Feb;5(1):4-27